This was an odd week here; the weather took on a very bi-polar tone. The beginning of the week we saw severe storms with tennis ball size hail, mid week we pushed a 90 degree, muggy day, then the next day the weather was cloudy and we did not break the 60 degree mark. The household seemed to be in tune with the weather as well, the week went by pretty quickly, although it felt like I did not do much or get much accomplished.
Well despite the instability of the week, I still managed to do 5 frugal things before Friday:
1. I went to the library and checked out a book “The Color Purple”, by Alice Walker and the movie. I finished the book and was able to find time to re-watch this wonderful movie. (Maybe this is part of the reason I did not get much accomplished this week).
2. My husband came home from the grocery store with 4 boxes of discounted Ghiradelli, dark chocolate, cake mix. They had been marked down to 75 cents each. So I pulled up my recipe for 3 ingredient muffins and used one of the mixes to make a batch.
3. As much as she hates, it; I hate it even more….I trimmed my dog, Sophie’s nails instead of taking her to the groomer to do it. Sophie has black nails, so it is really hard to see the quick and I am always afraid I am going to cut her.
4. Gave myself a pedicure. Every 2 to 3 weeks (depending on how long the color lasts), I make a fresh cup of coffee, (sometimes have a glass of wine) put on a movie, and get my nail bag out and settle in to pamper my toes.
5. I had managed to come under my cash budget for groceries. I still had a whopping $17.00 to spare. I know this does not sound like much, but whenever this happens, the remaining cash goes into our “secondary house fund”. Scoff all you want but, it adds up over time.
So that is my fiver for the week, what did yours look like?